Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Land’s Sake! Dedicated, dependable volunteers help us successfully fulfill our mission!
Farm Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers can join us in the fields from June through the beginning of November as a part of our new “Simple Saturdays” program. Examples of volunteer farm work include weeding, harvesting, planting…the list goes on! For more information, please click here or contact us.
Farm Stand Volunteer Opportunities
Farm Stand Volunteer
Land’s Sake Farm Stand is the hub of our organization. This is where people come to connect with their community and the food they eat. Here, they learn about our programs and help support our mission through the purchase of delicious local produce.
- Set up and maintain produce displays.
- Assist farm stand staff with other tasks such as restocking dry goods, and correct signage of produce.
- Learn produce varieties and communicate with customers as necessary.
- Personable, good customer service skills.
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions, and meet physical demands of the job, such as standing for long periods of time, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Duration of farm stand season, roughly the beginning of June through the end October.
- Availability during farm stand hours Tuesday through Sunday, stand is closed Mondays. Flexible schedules will be considered, but ideally we are looking for volunteers to work 10 am until 12:30 pm Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri, 1:30 pm until 4 pm Tues/Thurs, OR 10 am until 2 pm on weekends.
- Volunteers are expected to choose a consistent weekly schedule (with reasonable exceptions).
Interested candidates should email [email protected]
Administrative Volunteer Opportunities
Are you skilled in programs like Photoshop and InDesign? We are looking for volunteers to help us create brochures, flyers, and signage consistent with our brand image. If you would be willing to take on a project or two, let us know! Contact [email protected] for more information.
Education Volunteer Opportunities
Junior Counselor for Farm and Forest Explorers
We are seeking volunteers in grades 9 and above to help with our summer program Farm and Forest Explorers for kids ages 7-12. Volunteers need to fill out an application (email [email protected] for the application) and commit to at least one full week from 8:00am-3:30pm. There will be a training session for all volunteers at the beginning of the season, and Junior Counselors can earn service hours for their time as well as take home some seasonal produce. Spend some time this summer on our beautiful farm doing meaningful work with awesome kids!
Farm Animal Volunteer
We are seeking volunteers (age 13 and over) to help care for the Education Department’s rabbits and chickens. Animal volunteers will be trained on all aspects of animal care, however previous animal care experience is encouraged. Duties include feeding, changing the water, and cleaning cages/coops. Please contact Amy Christiansen, Education Program Manager, if you are interested in volunteering with our animals. Email: [email protected]
Education Program Volunteer
Supervisor/Reports to: Education Program Manager
Assist Education Department in facilitating youth programs for children ages 3-17. This position is flexible in relation to volunteer’s schedule, interests and seasonal availability.
Our after school programs are designed to excite students ages 7-12 to learn more about the outside world and feel comfortable on the farm. Each day we embark on a project teaching children about the life on the farm and in the forests. During all of our activities: taking care of our rabbits and chickens, planting and eating in our garden, and taking nature walks, we urge children to use their curiosity to learn about habitats and ecosystems.
Land’s Sake offers educational tours all year long, both on the farm and at the Sugar House. Tours cover a variety of topics and are connected to state standards and school curriculum.
- Teaching and group leadership experience in a school, camp or other or nontraditional setting
- Farming and/or gardening experience
- Comfort around animals and working with livestock
- The ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and willing to do so in bad weather if necessary
- Access to dependable transportation to and from the farm
- Friendly, enthusiastic and appreciative of the role youth can play in building a better food-system and healthy environment for all
Please send a resume and description detailing how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Land’s Sake (c/o Amy Christiansen), 27 Crescent Street, Weston, MA 02493 or email to [email protected]
Land Management and Forestry Volunteer Opportunities
We have volunteer opportunities for a number of our land management and forestry projects and would love to have your help. Many of these activities are seasonal, but there is always something we could use a helping hand with. If you are interested in assisting with any of the below projects, please contact [email protected]
- Firewood Splitting and Stacking
- Tapping Maple Trees
- Collecting Maple Sap
- Trail Maintenance Projects
- Christmas tree planting/pruning
- Orchard pruning
Is your group interested in volunteering?
Land’s Sake considers volunteer requests from groups on a case by case basis depending on the nature of work available, size of group, etc. If your group is intersted in volunteering at Land’s Sake, please contact Amy Christiansen, Education Program Manager, at [email protected]